Friday, October 11, 2013

The Grossest Parts of Parenthood (My Freshest Contribution to "Scary Mommy")

Here is a sample of one of the reasons that becoming a parent requires an incredibly strong stomach:

1. Baby Poop. Many of us remember the sweet, milky smell of our newborns as they cuddled against our chests.  I, too, remember this smell fondly.  A smell I remember less fondly is that of a diaper full of stinking, loose, mustard colored shit.  But, we parents do our duty (no pun intended) and change diaper after diaper full of the stuff, filling receptacles in our homes full of literal crap.

I settled my darling 2-week-old daughter onto a changing pad laid down on the ottoman in my living room.  I was prepared with wipes, diapers, ointments, and cloths to pat dry her precious little bum.  I removed her wet diaper, relieved that it contained only pee.  I gathered her tiny ankles into my hand and lifted them to clean her as she let loose a small sigh…and a jet powered stream of fecal matter that splattered across my shirt, turning it into a disgusting man’s Jackson Pollack.  Did I mention that the aforementioned stream also splattered through my hair and across the couch cushions?  How adorable!

If you like the above, please continue reading at: http://www.scarymommy.com/grossest-parts-of-parenthood/

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment